BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Best Apps for Babysitters

I'm a babysitter. I babysit my brother alot (he's 7), and sometimes my cousins (ages 4 and 7.) usually when I babysit them, we color for a little bit, or whatever, and then they want to play with my iPod. It's not like I let them play football with it--I just open up one of the below apps and hold on to the iPod while they tap the screen. They are fascinated by it. It's a great way to pass the time, if you're really careful. It's even better if you have an iPad. Just make sure their hands are clean, and supervise them. Maybe even hold on to the device for them. I got the following free apps, and my cousins love them.
1. Cupcake Maker (Free, but you have to pay for everything to unlock.) This app is a must for little girls. They love it! I just use the free version, but if you pay for the extras, it's even better. Sometimes I even play with this app.
2. More Bacon (Free, no ads or unlocks) For the bacon obsessed kid, get this free app. It's boring for you, but little kids love it. Basically, they drag the different types of bacon into the frying pan and watch in cook in seconds. Then they drag it onto a plate and then "eat it" or even take a picture if they want to.
3. RedBall, RedBall 2, RedBal 3 (Lite version with limited levels, or $1.99 full version) You might even like these apps. Basically, you guide a red ball through an obstacle course. If you touch anything red, you have to start over. It starts out simple, but it gets harder. You might want to get the full version; the lite versions only have a few levels, about a minute of fun.
4. Helicopter Taxi (Full version $0.99) Great for little boys; my brother's a little too old for it (he's 7), but kids 3-6 would love it. In this audmented reality app, kids will enjoy flaying a helicopter around the room and flying passengers.
5. Pocket Frogs (Free, no ads or unlocks) Great for all ages! I'm 13, and I love this game. My brother is 7, he loves this game. My cousins are 4 and 7, and they love this game. Raise your own colorful frogs and build up their habitat. This is great for if there's a kid you babysit really often. They'll be exited to check on their frogs! If they like this game, also try "Pocket Pond" (also free). It's like pocket frogs, but you get your own pond. You can raise koi and earn koins to buy rare koi. Pocket Pond is better for older kids, it's a bit more challenging.
6. GlowDraw (Several versions with varying prices.) There are hundred of glow drawing apps in the AppStore for a range of prices. All of them have the same function, so pick the one that's best for you. Great for kids that love to draw! They will be fascinated by the glowing colors. Similarily, "SpawnGlow" is a cool app. It's like interactive fireworks. It's free. I even play with it sometimes. It's like an interactive light show.
Do you have any good apps for kids to suggest? Leave them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment